/ gypsy luna: skinny grrl

Friday, February 17, 2012

skinny grrl

It came to my attention (ha, look at my professional beginning) a couple months ago that the mother of a friend of mine thinks I don't eat.
This is not true in any way, shape, or form. I eat just as much as the average person. I love bread to the point of obsession, chocolate is an addiction, and I long for ice cream like it's a drug. Of course, I'm not overweight, nor am I underweight--my BMI is right where it's supposed to be. I eat healthy, fresh foods, stay away from fast food, and I eat salad whenever I can not because I'm trying to lose weight, but because I genuinely like salad.
Let me get a point across: girls who don't eat because they want to lose weight make me sad. Everyone has that one friend who is mildly obsessed with how much they weigh. I mean, we're teenage girls. What we look like is one of the most important things in the world to us. I care about what I look like. I want to be able to run around all summer in a bikini and feel great about the way I look in it. Everyone wants to feel good about themselves.
But starvation is never something I would attempt (even I know I wouldn't get very far with that) and I feel so badly for those who do.
What do you think? Have you tried not eating? It's pretty nasty, isn't it? I think it was Kate Moss who marketed the term "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." I disagree. Have you ever had Ben & Jerry's?

2 comments:

Hel said...

funny photo :)

lucia m said...

love the pic!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com