/ gypsy luna: f i t

Saturday, November 2, 2013

f i t

I don't know about anyone else, but I can feel myself starting to pick up extra weight here and there as the days get colder and darker - it's natural, it's what we're supposed to be doing, putting on fat to keep us warm as the weather gets icier. But whenever I feel myself getting heavier, I start to feel tired, and achy, and suddenly all that energy that kept me taking stairs two at a time and existing on fruits and vegetables evaporates, and I'm left with a sleep schedule that's slightly out of whack and a craving for carbs and sugars.
The problem with exercising is, the cold is harsh on your body. I feel worse coming back from a run with achy, wind-chapped cheeks and lungs that feel like I swallowed ice cubes, which is why I stop running in the winter and focus on more indoor activities, like yoga, maybe the gym, kickboxing in my family room on a Friday afternoon when no one else is home. My biggest motivation this fall? The DoYouYoga Thirty-Day Yoga Challenge.  It's an online, at-home program that they email to you every single day so you don't forget or cop out - it's easy, fun, good for beginning yogis or a relaxing time for the more advanced, and it's absolutely free! I love it, because seeing it in my inbox reminds me to take the time out for it; and it's usually no more than 10-20 minutes out of my day. We're only two days in, so head over and check it out. And if you'd like, let me know in the comments what routines you like to keep off those extra pounds in the winter.

a few other resources for at-home workouts:



No comments: